Thursday, May 29, 2008

trips to Winslow.

I really really need to stop opening the emails that Ticketmaster sends me. They just depress me. First it was Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds in September, and today it's Stars. August 21st, which is the day after I see Radiohead, and also the day Chris goes back to WSU, I think. Curse you, world!! (This should be my motivation for getting my driver's license. If I can drive myself, then I can go to as many concerts as I like without having to drag someone else around. WHOA, dream big!)

So today I compiled a new playlist, entitled "Awesome Walking Songs" -


- and set off for Winslow for tea, as I am wont to do. There is something incredibly comforting about my simple 15-minute walk down to the teahouse and back. It's become a bit of a ritual this year. It's centering, somehow, especially with my music and the trees to keep me company. (One of the things I love most about Bainbridge is that you're pretty much always within sight of a tree.)

I got a giftcard to Oil & Water from the Hunts for my birthday, so I went down there today as well.


24 paintbrushes (and the case!) for only $18. I was powerless to resist. I am the happiest geek evar in this store. And now I want to do some painting tonight, although I'm not sure what of, and even though I have a metric ton of math and semester project-ing to do. Knowing me I will put them both off and paint anyway...

1 comment:

SpacePup said...

The Magic Position is an awesome walking song! Then it makes me want to start dancing as I'm walking :P
Also check out "Time Stands Still" by Cut Copy.