Wednesday, May 28, 2008

the sky looks like a road

I just got my final evaluation for my art contract with Linda, and it considerably brightened my day. Excerpts:

Attitude and independent learning skills
Annie has a positive attitude and tremendous self-motivation. She knows what she needs to work on, and follows through.
Creativity and analytical thinking
Annie is great at organizing her art process and analyzing what she could do to improve the next piece. It takes maturity to be that self-critical. In doing so, she is growing by leaps and bounds.
Accomplishments and comprehension of content
...I was pleased by the initiative to learn how to draw feet and hands. The studies showed much more confidence and strength than last semester.
Demonstration of growth or improvement
I have seen huge strides in growth from the start of fall term to the end of the year. She is much more confident and trusting in her own abilities.

It's incredibly heartening to read this from someone other than myself (someone who would know better than I would, in fact.) I really feel like I've been growing a lot artistically this year and I feel rather validated on that now.

"It takes maturity to be that self-critical"...I think I'm finally getting to a place where I can be self-critical without being negative.

No comments: