Saturday, September 20, 2008

it's been a while

Yeah, I know. I haven't really been keeping up with this blog. I suck. I'm not really doing what I wanted to accomplish with this blog. I'll try to fix that.

So what has Annie been doing lately?

In the past month I've been to two gigs - Radiohead on August 20th and Vienna Teng on September 4th. They were both fabulous.


Radiohead:
15 Step
Reckoner
Optimistic
There There
All I Need
Pyramid Song
Talk Show Host
The National Anthem
The Gloaming
Videotape
Lucky
Faust Arp
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Climbing Up the Walls
Dollars & Cents
Nude
Bodysnatchers

1st Encore:
How to Disappear Completely
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Idioteque
In Limbo
Street Spirit

2nd Encore:
You and Whose Army?
No Surprises
Everything in its Right Place


I DID get Idioteque, thank god. The first encore was hands-down the best part of the show. Except maybe for when Thom fucked up Faust Arp and started singing a Neil Young song. I went with Chris and the Ayrisses, and our seats were pretty bad - very last row to the left of the stage. I found myself very jealous of those lucky bastards in the pit. (At least we weren't on the lawn. It started raining immediately after the show ended.) I'm compelled to compare this show to the Nine Inch Nails gig, and I'd honestly have to say that NIN was better. Partly because I'm more familiar with the music, partly because nothing is cooler than Trent's lightshow, and partly because I was in the pit for NIN. I like more intimate shows. But anyway, this was still a really great show and I'm glad we made the trek out for it.


Vienna Teng:
Whatever You Want
Gravity
City Hall
Blue Caravan
1 br/1 ba
Kansas
Green Island Serenade
Idioteque
Antebellum
Pontchartrain
I Don't Feel So Well
Harbor

Encore:
Grandmother Song


You see what happened there? I got to hear Idioteque at two different shows in the space of two weeks! Went to this show with Caro, Lise, and Lina, and had an awesome time. The Triple Door is a really nice place, and not only was our table smack dab in the middle near the front of the stage, I got to have really nice tea before the show started. Vienna is basically the cutest human being alive. The Dreaming songs translated beautifully with the band - I think it's been cemented as my second favorite album after Waking Hour. The new songs also sounded ace, particularly Antebellum. Harbor was a lovely surprise. I only wish that she'd gotten to play for longer. We got to meet her after the show, and I got her autograph. I accidentally left my camera with mom, because I am a FRIGGIN' TARD < /Captain Hammer >, so no pictures.



Also, I may or may not have a crush on Alex Wong. So, there's that.



Things Annie Is Currently Enjoying
-Being in a steady relationship. I love being in love and this is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me.
-Being in school. No, really. It's weird. It's like all of a sudden someone flipped a switch in my head and I suddenly want to know EVERYTHING, things I wouldn't have cared about this time last year. I'm finally appreciating the things I'm being taught. I think I'm finally growing up. I'm especially enjoying AP Studio Art (of course) and World Religions.
-Who Killed Amanda Palmer?. It is awesome and will be high on my year-end list. Leeds United is simply glorious.
-Sailor Moon Abridged. Ohhhhhh my god.
-My Pokemanz! Let me show you them, in fact!





Things Annie Is Currently Not Enjoying:
-MCCAIN/PALIN. UGHHHH. My hatred for these two seems to intensify with each passing day.
-My Creative Writing class. I am just not the writer I used to be and I'm already way behind. I'm glad that this is only for a semester.
-Way to Normal still has not leaked. This displeases me.
-Twilight. That isn't anything new, it is a constant source of animosity and headdesking in my life, but I despair for a friend of mine who has succumbed to The Sparkle. (Growing Up Cullen, on the other hand, well. That is something else entirely. That something else is EPIC WIN!)
-College is looming and I'm getting kind of nervous about applications and whether or not I'll have enough work in my portfolio by the time I need to and argh.
-Senior projects. Haven't even started mine yet but it can fuck right off anyway.


Next entry I'll post some stuff I've been working on for AP Studio Art.

3 comments:

catofnight said...

so. That was seriously one of the longest posts I've ever seen you write.

Oh, btw, tis LAURA! Yeah. My LJ just wasn't getting read, so I decided to join the dark side and join your blogsite, and maybe my blogs will get read a bit more. :D. Anyways, my new blogspot name is: catofnightmares

yeah. Catofnight was already taken. grrr.

Anonymous said...

*will ignore the Twilight hating as per usual* ^_^ Being in a steady relationship. I love being in love and this is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. Isn't it the bestest thing ever?

Anonymous said...

^ must add on to my comment, sleep deprivation=dead brain: It's really pathetic, I always sort of made fun of a lot of couples in high school, but now I'm acting just like a lot of them...or would be if my other half weren't a thousand miles away. *le sigh*But I'm still the happiest I've been in like, ever, and I'm really glad that you get to experience it too, because you're awesome and deserve to haz teh happy. ^_^