Monday, August 18, 2008

surrender

It's raining outside and I am drinking rooibos and listening to Vespertine, and oh lord this album is just perfect. Fucking perfect. I've heard it countless times and I never lose that same feeling of awe and deep, unspeakable comfort.

Undo has me this close to sobbing. I wish I could play this song for some of the people in my life. I wish I knew how to be there for them.


My brother's birthday is tomorrow, and I already posted this on my Deviantart, but I wanted to wait until after I gave him his gift to post it here:


(Oh, also, we got a scanner. FUCK YES.) I finished my own self portrait for Linda at the end of second semester, and Chris asked for one of him, and I only just got around to finishing it, for various reasons... I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Also, I painted my wallet with the Art is Resistance logo:

Just for the hell of it!


I'm currently attempting to teach myself how to use watercolor. I've never really had the patience for it, but I figure it's something that I should learn how to do. Oils is my next plan. So, my senior project - my plan is to produce several pieces - each in different mediums - each with personal meaning - each based loosely on a song. I have a couple in mind. Right now the one I'm going to focus on is based on One More Time by Daft Punk, which is kind of an odd choice, but I got this idea that I know I have to do. That song really represents my childhood to me, so I'm going to do it in acrylic, which is the first medium I really learned how to use when I started getting more serious about my work. It'll be in various shades of blue (I want to incorporate my synesthesia into as many paintings as possible.) There's a lot of emotion here - my childhood and leaving stuff behind, my religion or lack there of, oddly enough (I never thought I'd consciously associate One More Time with Christianity, but there it is. I think it's been there all along and I never recognized it), how much I've changed.

(omg, stream of consciousness paragraph of DOOM.)

I have a couple other songs/ideas in mind, but no other really detailed plans.

No comments: